YOU ARE WELCOME

Blogger said I could "add some words to your blog - like a welcome message - with our rich text editor". I complied.

PS. I am just going to tell you right now. I do not proofread this stuff. You get it as I think it.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

BLOG EVERY DAY IN AUGUST!: If my heartstrings were a playlist...

First of all! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR FOLLOWING ME!! HEARRRT^2
Second! I am doing "Blog Every Day in August"! I have never done anything "every-day-in" before, so this should be interesting. But! There have been a lot of blog subjects on my mind that I have not addressed, so this should be a good opportunity to get those out there!

Today: MUSIC!!
I was thinking about compiling a list of songs that have bookmarked significant times in my life. What I mean is...You know how there are those songs that you listen to and your heart just goes uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh--or you know...something like that? Those songs that were there for you when you knew that nothing would ever be the same? Yeah. Those ones. Well. I was trying to make a list of songs that still take me, vividly, right back to that moment. Songs that make me remember a scene, an emotion, a smell, everything about some particular moment in my life; songs that embody me, make me feel like I am...home. HOWEVER, when I started looking through my "most played list" I kept adding so much music to the list... more than probably deserved to be on it. So I have decided to make it a running list that I only add stuff to when I am SURE it belongs on it. So here is a start...

Important Songs in the Life of Sara J Perkins:
"Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
"New Slang" by The Shins
"Lean On Me" by Bill Withers

And that is all I am doing for right now. Because I am tempted to put so many on here. Too many. But this is a pretty good start. Every time I hear "Fire and Rain" or "Lean On Me" I get so overcome with emotion I can hardly function. I do not feel quite as strongly when I hear "New Slang" but I could not possibly bring myself to take it off this list...and I think that means it deserves to stay....

What are some of your life's songs?!

...I talked about myself in this more than I would prefer... :(

1 comment:

  1. I definately know what you mean! I feel like I should put songs together like that <3 It's such a good idea!

    I think that right now I only have a couple songs:

    I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie.
    Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne (I am actually embarrassed about that one xD)
    Total Eclipse of the Hear by Bonnie Tyler
    A Piece of My Heart by Kate O'Donoghue.

    -Lyssa

    ReplyDelete