YOU ARE WELCOME

Blogger said I could "add some words to your blog - like a welcome message - with our rich text editor". I complied.

PS. I am just going to tell you right now. I do not proofread this stuff. You get it as I think it.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

BEDA Day 17: Get a Real Job

First. You should know that Stephanie Perkins (no relation) is giving away an advanced copy of her book Anna and the French Kiss. You can find out about that here:
http://naturalartificial.blogspot.com/2010/08/beditshoa-one-with-anna-and-french-kiss.html

Second. You should know that my legs are hot. But not in a good way.

Third. You should know that I have gone to sleep every night this week desperately stressed out about what a failure I am at job hunting. I have had dozens of interviews in my life and have NEVER been hired after any of them. All of the jobs I have ever had did not interview before hiring. So. I have come to expect to never get a job after an interview ever in my life. Because if I cannot even get a job at Regal Cinemas or Forever 21 after they interview me why should I expect to get a job at Scholastic or Time Magazine or anywhere ever? What if I never get a job? How will I survive? How will I pay rent? Pay off my student loans? Pay to go to wizarding events? Help my brothers through college? How can I do anything if I cannot get a proper job? I have been stressing about this CONSTANTLY.

I cannot help blaming it on dumb things. Like appearance or something stupid. I mean. Obviously I look good on paper if people are calling me in for interviews. But what is it about meeting me in person that turns people off? Is it the way I talk? How young I look? What do I do wrong and how can I fix it?

Anyone have any advice? Aside from "rehearse" , "be yourself", "dress nice", "act professional". You know the normal bs. I have heard it. To no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment