YOU ARE WELCOME

Blogger said I could "add some words to your blog - like a welcome message - with our rich text editor". I complied.

PS. I am just going to tell you right now. I do not proofread this stuff. You get it as I think it.

Monday, August 23, 2010

BEDA Day 23: Story time!

Hello blog! Today, I am going to tell you a story about my childhood.

When I was in 2nd grade, right before Halloween, my parents moved to a new place, and I had to change schools (this was the first time that we moved after I was old enough for school). My older brother, and I transfered into the same elementary school. I was in 2nd grade and he was in 5th. On the play ground of this school, there was a little kids playground right next to the school and WAY ACROSS the asphalt there was another playground for the older kids. Now. Nobody made me aware of this difference. Nobody said, "Hey Sara, you need to play on this side of the playground!" Nope. They just let me run wild and free. So I ran over to the other playground where my brother was playing and played with the older kids. (Now that I write this, I wonder why none of the grown ups noticed that I was far too small to be old enough for that playground.) Well anyway, there I was just playing with the big kids. And when the big kids lined up to go back in for school, I ran back over to the other playground where I belonged. Well. Not only did they neglect to tell me that I was supposed to stay on the one playground, they also neglected to tell me that the big kids' recess was significantly longer than the 2nd grader's. So I went to go line up and there was nobody on my playground. I was FREAKING OUT! As I walked in toward the classroom my mind raced with excuses to make if I got in trouble. But I did not. I just walked into the classroom (which was already in session), mumbled something about the bathroom, and sat down.

That is probably my most vivid memory of that school (we only stayed until the end of the school year). Although I do remember spending a lot of time sitting alone in the windowsills during recess for most of the rest of my time there...

Make of that what you will. :)

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment