YOU ARE WELCOME

Blogger said I could "add some words to your blog - like a welcome message - with our rich text editor". I complied.

PS. I am just going to tell you right now. I do not proofread this stuff. You get it as I think it.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's 2011 now, so I am somehow obliged to do this...

New Year's Resolutions, of course.

#1: Keep my New Year's Resolutions
Because I never manage...
#2: Blog and vlog at least once a week, ...each?
Because I don't do it regularly enough...
#3: Go to the gym regularly
Because every NYR list must have this on it..., and it makes me happy
#4: Finish off college with a bang
When it's finished, I want to feel like I've given 100% to my last 2 quarters of school...
#5: Dedicate more time to being creative
It makes me happy, and I just don't do it enough
#6: Procrastinate less!
I want to have more time to do things I want to do, by being more productive 24/7
#7: Get a job!
Need I say more?
#10: Be more musical
One of the creative things I feel like I dedicate less time than I once did/ought to
#11: Be happy

Hmmm...that's all for now. 11 seems appropriate for 2011, eh? I think these are all quite related. I need to spend more time doing things that I really, really want to do and less time avoiding doing things that I'm not so inspired by so as to make more time for the former. (This is now a circle. :P) I once read that Virgos have a tendancy to loose inspiration for stuff if they don't do it right away, so I need to start doing things as soon as I feel inspired for them or learn to extend the inspiration.

At this exact moment 1 year ago, I was driving through Wyoming on my way to Seattle. I moved exactly one year ago, and it hasn't been nearly what I was hoping for. In fact, I've spent most of my time there quite depressed. I am at home in Wyoming right now, and I think I'm finding that, what I was looking for up there in WA was perhaps what was right here in front of me all along. I have often said that the best days of my life were the last 4 months of 2009, when I was living on my own here in Riverton. I think it is time to analyze why that was and consider revisiting my life then, because I've had enough of being unhappy. Time to take control of my life, to follow my heart for once.

On the other hand, I feel like going back to WY would be a bit of a "stuck in the past" situation, might keep me from growing as a person and achieving all the things that I want to achieve. Might be a form of "dwelling on dreams" and "forgetting to live". But perhaps it was that kind of thinking that got me into this situation to begin with... I'm just tired of missing people. Find me a place where everyone I love is all around me, all the time. Please, thank you.

Love,
SARA J.

1 comment:

  1. <3 I know that feeling, it's rough and sucks so bad. I hope you find happiness, lovely.

    ReplyDelete